Topic: Excel output looks bad Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 9:51am
I have a report in crystal which looks visually pleasing (first time using it ) but when I export it to excel it looks really bad also all the lines are missing around the cells.
What can I do in my report so I export the color of my header, bold print, lines in the report? I know there is an option to export with just data but that looks really really plain.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 7:02am
Also, lines will not export to Excel. All they'll do is cause empty columns and rows. However, there is a way to get them by using object borders.
Within a "row", you'll set the top, bottom, and right borders for each objects. For the object that is furthest to the left you'll also set the left border. I usually use ruler guides at the top to make sure that the right edge of one object is the left edge of the object to its right so that you get a continuous horizontal line across.
If you have multiple sections that show, set the top border for objects in the top-most section only; for everything below that leave out the top border. Make sure that the Y value for the position of the objects in a section is 0 so that they're at the very top of the section. Then make sure that the bottom of the section is up against the bottom of the objects in that section. This will make the vertical lines continuous.
I have spent a lot of time trying to find ways to make my reports export to excel in the exact way I need them. Rows are pretty easy to line up. To line up columns you want to make sure you have the same number of objects on each row. You can add a blank text object and it will export as a blank field in excel. I use this a lot to line reports up for excel.
For example:
Row1 Name - [blank text object] - Address - [blank text object]
Row2 Josh - Fat - #1 - Happy St
You will export with Name in cell A1, Address in C1, Josh in A2, Fat in B2, #1 in C2, and Happy St in D2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum