Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running Total of Group Sum Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
da_sqrl
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote da_sqrl Replybullet Topic: Running Total of Group Sum
     Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 11:01am
I have a report with two groups. Group 1 by Client and Group 2 by Type of payment. I would like to be able do a grand total broken down by the different Types of payments (group 2). I believe this needs to be a running total of some sort, but I cannot seem to find the right evaluate and/or reset combination. Essentially I want a running total of the Type of payments across all Clients. Is it possible to do a running total of a group sum field?

Mockup:

Client 1
           PayType 1
                          $10
                          $10
                          $10          
           PayType 1 Tot $30
           PayType 2
                          $20
                          $20
                          $20          
           PayType 2 Tot $60
Client 2
           PayType 1
                          $10
                          $10
                          $10          
           PayType 1 Tot $30
           PayType 2
                          $20
                          $20
                          $20          
           PayType 2 Tot $60

Grand Total PayType 1    $60
Grand Total PayType 2   $120
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 4:32am
do you have duplicate data in your data set and this is why you are using a running total?
IP IP Logged
da_sqrl
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote da_sqrl Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 4:40am
No there is not duplicate data. I am actually not using running totals. I am using regular groups and group footer sums. I am wondering if running totals is the way to get a grand total broken down by group 2 payment types. The payment types are configurable by the client so they are dynamic making a static sumif forumula unusable. Thank you in advance if there is another way to do this.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 4:42am
use a crosstab
IP IP Logged
da_sqrl
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Apr 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote da_sqrl Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 6:51am
Thank you. That will work. Had not considered that.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum