Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Percentage in Bar Chart Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ravenous
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote ravenous Replybullet Topic: Percentage in Bar Chart
     Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:10am
Hey all,
I have a report that shows the sum of all records & the number with percentage of those records that meet a certain criteria. This is grouped by state.

The report looks and works great (thanks to DBlank!) but I'm running into a problem. I have the percentage and sum calculated via a running total.

My problem is that I cannot get the percentage formula (@Test) to show as an available field for use in a bar chart. Thoughts?

@Test
({#RTotal0})/distinctcount({table.RecordID},{@assigned_state})*100



Edited by ravenous - 23 Feb 2015 at 10:14am
IP IP Logged
ravenous
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote ravenous Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 2:25am
What I don't get is how come I can put that value on the report yet I cannot chart on this value. Why is that?
If my report shows
SC - 78%
NC - 45%
Al - 23%
Then I would think I could easily make a chart that shows the 3 percentages.

Edited by ravenous - 25 Feb 2015 at 2:25am
IP IP Logged
ravenous
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote ravenous Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 4:11am
I think I'm gonna have to scrap CR and use Excel to get this done, which sucks. I've tried passing the variables to a sub report and vice-versa as well as trying to use the 3 formula trick to get running totals but I've been at this for awhile now, I'm gonna have to stop. I feel so defeated.....my boss and my boss's boss are mad at me.....

Edited by ravenous - 25 Feb 2015 at 4:42am
IP IP Logged
adavis
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote adavis Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 5:57am
You can show percentages on charts. I'm not sure what your data or report look like, but if you are trying to show percentages on a bar chart try this:

Insert a chart, select bar chart as your type. Under data tab, enter the data you are trying to show, I'm guessing states and whatever it is your are trying to show a percentage for. Then, under the show values dialog, highlight the value you entered there and then click the "set Summary Operation" button. In the Edit Summary dialog that pops up, click the "show as a percentage of" box under Options.

Does this help?


Edit: Also, tell your boss if they want a CR expert to send you to training. :)

Edited by adavis - 25 Feb 2015 at 5:58am
IP IP Logged
ravenous
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Sep 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote ravenous Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 6:11am
No, it didn't help. Thanks anyway, though.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum