Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 51
Topic: Events Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 9:24am
I want to run a daily report, once a day titled Promas Change. If this report results any data then I want a report titled Verify Promas to run and email to me. I do not want the first/Promas Change report to email to me.
Is this something I can set up in Events and if so how? What I am reading online and in other's posts it isn't very clear to me how this works.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 10:17am
If I understand you correctly, you want to have a report run but only deliver if there is data available for the report. Is that correct?
How would you know if there's data for the report? Is there an ETL process that needs to complete? If so, then we can do something with events. If it's just about whether the report returns data, then there's not anything you can do with events, but there might be other things that can be done.
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 9:15am
One of my co-workers does an round-about way of determining whether or not a report has data. He has a formula that does a row count and divides it it into a fixed number. No data, then he gets an error. It seems to me that you can define an event on a successful completion of a report, but it has been a while since I used events. I hope this helps.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum