Joined: 19 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Topic: formula help Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 7:01am
I have a report that lists hours on jobs by date. The
problem I am encountering is that if the job has multiple dates it is showing
that job with the same hours multiple times. I would like to come up with
a formula that says if the job has multiple dates just show the hours under the
first date. Not sure how to accomplish it. Thanks in advance for any
help!
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 8:19am
is this really just about displaying the content or are you expecting to then do calculations from it?
Too often a request is made to assist in changing the way something is being displayed but the real issue (or a secondary issue) is that it is summarizing the data in an incorrect way (addin gthe value multiple times).
Changing the way the data is displayed will not change the actually data and also does not change the way it is sumamrized.
Joined: 19 Nov 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 8:09am
I did not think of it that way. You are correct, I would need the data summarized only once not adding the value multiple times. I guess I need to look at all the problems I am encountering with the report and not just dealing with one at a time.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum