Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Chart with Running Total? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Chart with Running Total?
     Posted: 14 Nov 2014 at 7:03am
Hi,
 
I am using Crystal reports 2008. I would like to create a chart that groups the months together and then gives me a running total of whatever statistic I am trying to find. Here the details:
 
My report is reading from an Excel spreadsheet where each record is dated. The report grows each week. It's a spreadsheet of survey responses. I want each chart to display the results by month, and then provide a count of each response (or a percent of responses) for each month. I want each chart to just display the last 12 months of records.
 
Is this possible?
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 3:30am
sample data as it exists in the spreadsheet please
IP IP Logged
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 4:16am
I will work to get  a sample as an attachment by Friday (11/18). The current spreadsheet had confidential information on it.
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 5:41am
just dummy in two or 3 rows. I justneed to understand your data structure to suggest anything.
are your answers in multiple rows or multiple columns
is it just the one answer and you want to know per month a count of complete vs incomplete or counts of each possible responce to multiple questions?
 


Edited by DBlank - 18 Nov 2014 at 5:43am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum