Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Subreport of Details Data in Header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dallasf
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote dallasf Replybullet Topic: Subreport of Details Data in Header
     Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 4:15pm
Hi,

I have a report that details emp code and qualification data of an employee, this report is run from a view.

I require in the header the employee codes which exist from the details section of the report. However, when I do my sub report link from emp code to emp code I only receive one entry when the details report has multiple emp codes. If I untick "selected data from sub report based on field" all my employees appear (naturally). I only want the codes from the details view as some filters are ran.

Is this because its in the header? Is this possible?

thanks

Edited by dallasf - 04 Nov 2014 at 6:56pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 12:30pm
Yes, it is because it is in the header.
Most likely, the 1 employee code you see is the first one listed on the page...since that is the code that is available when the page starts rendering.

the page footer would be easier...the issue being, that if there number of codes varies per page, then there is no way to know which codes will make it onto the page...in the page footer is simpler as you know which codes made it.

There is probably a way to figure it out, just nothing is coming to me off the top of my head
IP IP Logged
dallasf
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote dallasf Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 6:24pm
Thanks for input.

Client really wants it in the header so looks like I need to find a way.
IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 10:11pm
not the best way to do it for performace, though you can also have a subreport in the header to show the required data.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum