Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Count problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Wosp
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote Wosp Replybullet Topic: Count problem
     Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 10:59pm
On my report over objects for ex. a machine it shows all the data over the machine.
At the bottom (GrFooter) is a subreport showing all the spareparts that is tied to that machine.

On the subreport I have textobjects in Report Header and all the data fields in Details section

Looks like this

SPAREPARTS
Article Number      Description      Balance   (RH)

007688                 Ball Bearing     16          (Details)

006955                 Valve              8

And so on....

Is I t possible to get a Distinct count based on the field ARTNUM (Article number) displayed right after the text object SPAREPARTS like this: SPAREPARTS (12)

I tried summary and running total but its a no go on that...

IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 11:21pm
a running total will not work, though the summary field should work fine for this.
 
What do you get when you use the summary field?
IP IP Logged
Wosp
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote Wosp Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 12:51am
Originally posted by z9962



a running total will not work, though the summary field should work fine for this.
 
What do you get when you use the summary field?


Nothing from the subreport is visible at all if I do a summary...
IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 12:53am

the summary is also in the subreport? you are not passing from sub report to main report?

IP IP Logged
Wosp
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote Wosp Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 12:55am
Originally posted by z9962

the summary is also in the subreport? you are not passing from sub report to main report?


Yes the summary is in the subreport.
IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 12:57am
so the subreport displays data without the summary, though nothing is displayed when you add the summary field? I am confused. How do you add the summary field?
IP IP Logged
Wosp
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote Wosp Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 1:02am
Originally posted by z9962


so the subreport displays data without the summary, though nothing is displayed when you add the summary field? I am confused. How do you add the summary field?

That's the problem, the summary location only shows report footer and Group 1 and I don't know how to get it to show up in another section, in this case report header.
IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 1:57am
oh I think I see, select report footer, then in the sub report design view, move the field to the report header.
IP IP Logged
Wosp
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Sep 2012
Location: Sweden
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote Wosp Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 2:21am
Originally posted by z9962



oh I think I see, select report footer, then in the sub report design view, move the field to the report header.

Yupp that did it, thank you so very much

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum