Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Show this or that detail? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cbaldwin
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 09 Apr 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 81
Quote cbaldwin Replybullet Topic: Show this or that detail?
     Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 5:18am
I have a completed functional report that I need to modify for another user.

The new user only needs to see detail if {Field_A} = "x" or {Field_B} = "y". My initial thought is to suppress the detail section unless my requirements for {Field_A} and or {Field_B} are met. I have not been able to determine the syntax to accomplish this goal. I am also open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any input.

cjb
IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 5:42am
Do you need totals to remain the same, and only show selected detail rows?
If so then custom suppress
{Field_A} <> "x" or {Field_B} <> "y"
 
else if they only need to see the selected details and totals to match then use the Record Selection Formula Editor.
{Field_A} = "x" or {Field_B} = "y"
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 4:34am
I would use the a detail section suppression formula of:
 
NOT({Field_A} = "x" or {Field_B} = "y")
 
If fields A or B can be NULL make sure to set the formula to use default values for null
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum