Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Topic: Exclude duplicate records from count Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 8:08am
I've looked through the forums and can't find this answer (probably because it is too simple). I want to count the # of customers from a sales db but there are multiple records for each customer. I have tried to suppress duplicate customers but have found that the count function still includes the suppressed records. So if I have 100 records but only 20 customers, count {sales.customer} produces a result of 100. What is the simplest way to get a count of customers here? I intend to use this as a subreport in another report just to show the # of customers at the top so the report doesn't need anything else in it.
Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 9:10am
I think I found a solution. Instead of a count, I used distinctcount{sales.customer} and produced the correct results. Any other ideas/solutions? Or reasons to not use distinct count? Any input is appreciated.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum