Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple entries Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jeffwest1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote jeffwest1 Replybullet Topic: Multiple entries
     Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 7:34am

Sorry if this has been asked and answred somewhere else, but I can't find it.

I have a table which has multiple entries for a client, i want to show those entries on one line having given each a code via a formula, i.e LDD = Yes if it exists, like this

 
Client    Code 1    Code 2   Code 3
1             Yes          Yes         Yes
2                             Yes
 
Trouble is, what i get is
 
Client    Code 1    Code 2   Code 3
1             Yes                  
1                            Yes
1                                          Yes
2                            Yes
 
Anybody have an idea how I can show these on one line to save me then having to put it into excel and manually take out the diffrences.
C-3PO: Excuse me sir, but might I inquire as to what's going on?
Han Solo: Why not?
C-3PO: Impossible man.
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 22 Jan 2008 at 8:57am
The simplest solution is to use a summary.  Group by the Client, and show the maximum of each of the code fields (as "Yes" is greater than NULL, "", and "No").


IP IP Logged
jeffwest1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 25 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote jeffwest1 Replybullet Posted: 25 Jan 2008 at 12:51am

Thanks for that, seemed to work a lot better than I was doing, still a few bugs to iron out, but they are unrelated. Smile

C-3PO: Excuse me sir, but might I inquire as to what's going on?
Han Solo: Why not?
C-3PO: Impossible man.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum