Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Filter in Chart? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Filter in Chart?
     Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 4:54pm
Hi, I'm using Crystal 2008. My Date source in an .xlsx document. It contains data for the last couple years. I need it all in there, but I also need to create some charts that only include the last 14 days each time it's refreshed.
 
My charts are currently in my report footer, since they need to provide grand totals, but grand totals for just the last 14 days.
 
Is there a way to limit the records in a chart?
 
Thank you,
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
praveeng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Quote praveeng Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 4:06am
Hi,
 
Use sub report for charts. In the record selection restrict the data.
Or
Create formulas to show only 14 days data, based on that formulas build the Chart..
Lets wait for experts if they have any clue about the same.
 
--Praveen G
Praveen Guntuka,
praveen_guntuka@yahoo.com
IP IP Logged
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 5:57am
I am not very skilled with sub reports. I can get subreports to work when pulling in basic data, but for things like creating formulas between the main report and sub report, etc...I need to learn and practice that more. :/
 
I do have a formula in my report to pull only the last 14 days, but it is in the Group Footer to conditionally suppress anything that isn't 14 days ago or sooner. 
 
I'm not exactly sure what is meant by "Create formulas to show only 14 days data, based on that formulas build the Chart.." How to you build a formula in a chart? Perhaps that's the question I need to figure out...
 
My report footers are where my charts are. Some need to display the last 14 days, as well as separate charts with YTD
 
I will await a few more suggestions to see if this is possible (If a subreport is the way to go, I may need some step my step instructions! :)
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum