Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Topic: Formula Help - Multiple Dates Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 5:04am
I’m not sure if this is possible but any insight you have would be helpful.
I have 3 records in my database – as follows:
ID Quantity Pay Date
P121 100 6/1/2010
P122 100 1/1/2015
P123 100 1/1/2015
I’m using crystal to combine the quantities into a single line by summing them if the first 3 characters of the ID are the same. So, it looks like this on my report:
ID Quantity Pay Date
P12 300
You’ll notice in my above data that the pay date varies by ID. I want the pay date on my report to always show the latest of the 3 dates. Right now, crystal randomly selects one of the 3 pay dates above when I insert the “Pay Date” field and run the report. I get either 6/1/2010 or 1/1/2015 - randomly.
Can I control the pay date field so it always gives me the latest field in my summed total?
Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 5:59am
//EDIT// Just to make sure, when you say latest, do you mean the date that is the later date in time, or the date that displays last in that group? In the date you provided it looks like you are grouped on date in ascending order, but I'm not sure if that is the case, which is why I'm asking. //
Select the Pay Date field and click Insert Summary. Choose Maximum for the Calculate this summary option and add it to the appropriate Summary Location.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum