Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Sort Order on Pack Slip Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MCGCrysal
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote MCGCrysal Replybullet Topic: Sort Order on Pack Slip
     Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 2:38am
I'm using Epicor 9 ERP system and Crystal 2008. Currently when a Packing Slip is printed, the default style is to print the lowest order number first and continue in numerical order. I know how to change that from ascending to descending, but that's not what I need. I need it to be printed in the order that it was put into the pack. I saw an option called original order, but that didn't seem to change it from ascending order.

If 3 orders (88752, 89141 & 83659) are listed in the ERP system on the same pack, the Pack Slip will list 83659, 88752 and then 89141. Any ideas on how to get that in the true original order?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 5:10am
well, the question is what determines the sort order. Obviously not the order number. If it is by order date or some other field, you could create a formula to display that value and then select the option to order by a formula.

I haven't tried it myself, but it would seem to make sense that it would work.

HTH
IP IP Logged
MCGCrysal
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Jul 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote MCGCrysal Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 2:22am
I found it. The sort order that I needed to add was the Order Detail Pack Line. I did this and have what I need. Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum