| Author |
Message |
Chronicide
Newbie
Joined: 19 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
|

Topic: Grouped Columns Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 7:40am |
|
I'm trying to crate a subreport that has columns of grouped details. Each group has 1-7 records. I want each group to be displayed in their own column across the page horizontally.
Eg.
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3
detail detail detail
detail detail
detail
Things I've Tried:
A crosstab doesn't work as I'm not summarizing data, and even if I was, it doesn't allow enough flexibility in formatting.
Using columns in the details sections prints one group after another and only wraps to the next column once it fills the previous column. I've seen a couple of trick that can be used to force new groups to the next column, but they generally work by filling the rest of the column with white space. For example, you can set the group footer to be printed at the bottom of the page. This won't work for me, as I need to have other subreports printed below this one on the same page.
For now I'm living with a different format of the data... but I was hoping that there was some way to do this that I wasn't aware of.
Edit: I'm using Crystal Reports 2008
Edited by Chronicide - 16 Jul 2014 at 8:17am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 5:31am |
|
well, it is my go to solution, but what I would do is using a stored procedure, arrange my data so that the returning data lines in columns...all in the same row, then CR will happily display as desired.
hopefully, this is a viable solution for you.
|
IP Logged |
|
z9962
Senior Member
Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
|

Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 5:35am |
|
If you have a set number of columns, eg your example above, you could create 3 subreports for each column, and align them next to each other in the same section.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|