Hi,
I'd like to create a dynamic parameter in CR 2011, but as I am a rather unexperienced CR developer, I can't figure out how to do it. I hope you can help me ...
My report is based on a query that returns only a single row like CLIENT_ID, DEPARTMENT_ID, COLUMN_1, COLUMN_2, ...
The report also has some parameters like CLIENT_ID to retrieve the single row and other parameters to display on the report.
One of these parameters depends on the value of DEPARTMENT_ID returned by the single row query. I'd like the user to choose from an EMPLOYEE_ID drop down list.
So, to summarize, here's an example:
table CLIENTS
CLIENT_ID NAME
C1 Name1
C2 Name2
C3 Name3
table DEPARTMENTS
DEPARTMENT_ID EMPLOYEE_ID
D1 E11
D1 E12
D2 E21
D3 E31
D3 E32
D3 E33
the CR reports when started asks for:
Parameter CLIENT_ID --> inout of C1
the query returns: C1 D3 Name1 blabla blabla
the CR reports then asks for Parameter EMPLOYEE_ID
proposing following list
E31
E32
E33
Does anyone know if this is doable in CR2011. If so, how could I achieve it?
Many thanks for your answers.