Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem with grouping Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
C100
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote C100 Replybullet Topic: Problem with grouping
     Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 1:38am

I have a report that was written by someone else that has quite a lot of existing grouping. I need to amend this report and it is giving me a bit of a headache.

I have a data field (BLL_INV_ITEM) that has multiple rows

i.e.'Accomodation', 'Dining', 'Insurance'

This is currently being displayed on the DETAILS section so that each row is printed on a separate line.

However I now need to write a formula to say something like -

if {BLL_INV_ITEM} = "Dining" then "Check In at location A" else " Check In at location B"

My problem is that this needs to be displayed in the HEADER, however as only the first row is returned in the header my formula never becomes true.

To fix this I have added the formula to grouping and it now shows the string from the formula correctly, however it has now broken the existing grouping  and is showing the {BLL_INV_ITEM} data across 2 pages (one page for the Dining and another for all the other items)


I can provide the report with saved data as a private email (I wouldnt want to make it public) if anyone is willing to take a look and help me.


IP IP Logged
hello
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Quote hello Replybullet Posted: 03 Jul 2014 at 9:04am
Does the report have multiple DETAIL sections...one for each row in your data field?

If so, each detail section could have a separate formula to suppress any unwanted data and leave only the correct data.
IP IP Logged
C100
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote C100 Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 11:51pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply.

There are 4 details sections, the data field is only in one of them I think
(there could be more than just 4 rows returned for this item)

Its probably something really stupid and easy to fix.
Would you be willing to take a look if I send it to you with some data saved?

IP IP Logged
C100
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote C100 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 1:43am
Can anyone help ?

Its probably something really simple
It is just getting a bit critical that I find a solution.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum