Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Topic: Calculate data from subreports Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 8:22am
Hello. Is there a way to extract data from a sub report and use it in a formula in the main report? My main report performs a calculation for a head count and then the sub report performs another calculation for a head count. I want to subtract the two results and show them at the bottom of the main report. The 2 reports come from 2 different MySQL tables that have the same field name, 'SPECIES.' I need to group by this field name and am unable to link the two tables-when I do, I get incorrect numbers for my calculation. I thought that a subreport might get the desired result but I'm not sure how to do this. Any help very much appreciated.
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 02 Jun 2014 at 9:05am
You can get values from a sub-report by creating shared variables (assign the value in a sub-report formula). You will not be able to group by this value in the main report (grouping is done before sub-reports are run).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum