Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula for Calculating Intervals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Chris Ashworth
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 May 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Chris Ashworth Replybullet Topic: Formula for Calculating Intervals
     Posted: 29 May 2014 at 3:08am
Hi, I use a report which provides people with intervals for doing a particular task, in this case removing production samples.

I have a @sample_size formula which returns the number of samples that are to be taken.

I then have @job_quantity which returns the number of items in total.

I am after returning the figures when I need to take a sample out,

i.e
i@job_quantity = 120
@sample_size = 10

this would be 1 sample every 12
so I want to return 1, 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72 ... and so on.

currently I have a separate formula for each figure then placed into a text box with a comma added using the currency symbol option, however I now need to return unto 250 samples and don't wish to write a formula for each and then have to format each one!

Any help is appreciated.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum