Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Show 0 for Qty Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
NRRios
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 May 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote NRRios Replybullet Topic: Show 0 for Qty
     Posted: 15 May 2014 at 11:24am
Hello,

I have a report that lists models and the qty of parts ordered each month. If the qty is zero, the model does not show up on the report. In order to get rid of the feeling that I'm not including a particular model in the report, I'd like the qty to show 0 if there are no parts ordered this month. I've tried a few of the suggestions in this forum but each time I check the formula, I get errors before I can even implement it.
Help / suggestions, please?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2014 at 4:54am
I assume you have two tables, one for the parts and one for the orders and you are joining them then you are applying a date range to select only a specific period of time for ordering.
Even if you were doing an outer join the date range is applied after th join has occurred so you will lose most of your "0" records there.
If you can use a stored proc or a command to get the data try that. YOu can apply the date range as a join condition or use a sub query on the orders table and join the results of that to the parts table after the date range has already been applied.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum