Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Topic: Linking problem Posted: 14 May 2014 at 11:51am
I have a {customer.table} and a {transaction.table} that are linked using the inner join method.
Each sale is recorded in the transaction table along with the salesperson code.
I would like to print a report for each customer that has been working with salesperson 'MS'.
When I use Record Select Expert to only include the 'MS' salesperson, I get multiple customer records because the 'MS' salespersons may have sold to that customer many times in the past.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 15 May 2014 at 4:29am
you are linking "correctly" however you can use a SQL command or a stored proc to make your selection different like using a SELECT DISTINCT.
If you want only one record to appear in crystal you can als group on the customer and suppress the detail section. If you havemore than one salesperson you would need to group on that too, or combine the customer and salesperson into a formula field and group on that.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum