Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Groups and Totaling Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalnewbie33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote crystalnewbie33 Replybullet Topic: Groups and Totaling
     Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 10:14am
I have data that needs to be grouped by state, customer, and items purchased. I want a total # and dollar $ of items purchased per state. Here is example of what I would like for it to look like:

                            # purchased    $ Amt
    OH
      Jones, John
               Item A        5            $100
               Item B        2              30
      Smith, Roger
               Item A        4             $80
               Item B        1              15
----------------------------------------------------
TOTALS:   Item A        9            $180
               Item B        3             $45
----------------------------------------------------
Then next state would begin.

For some reason, I can't seem to figure out how to get the totals. I can get a grand total # of items and $'s but can't get the breakdown to show at end of 'State' group. Any help is much appreciated.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 11:46am

since you still want it per item I would insert a crosstab into the group footer and use the CT row as the item and then sum on the # and $ fields.

otherwise you will have to create shared variables or running totals per item type (across all states) and adjust the report manually each time you add an item to your DB.


Edited by DBlank - 30 Apr 2014 at 11:47am
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 8:42pm
Hi
 
Copy the same report and insert as sub report and do the following changes
 
--Remove Customer Group
 
--Suppress all other groups except Item Purchased group
 
--Place your sub report in Main report State Group footer
 
--Link sub report with Sate and other required fields.
 
-Sastry
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
crystalnewbie33
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote crystalnewbie33 Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2014 at 3:12am
Thank you so much for the help. I used the cross-tab function and worked well. I thought about trying to do a sub report and I am going to see how that turns out as well. Thanks again!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum