Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Invalid group condition. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jeguve
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote jeguve Replybullet Topic: Invalid group condition.
     Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 9:28am
Hi everybody!
 
I have a problem with a Crystal Report I have inherited.
 
The main report has 5 sub-reports, and only 2 of them have groups.
 
If I try to add a Third one, with no group at all, the Invalid Group Condition appears. I have tested the report with only two subreports and works fine, but with the rest the error keeps showing. I have redone each report (main and subreports) and is still happening.
 
The main report is not grouped at all.
 
I'm using vs2008 and SQL Server to develop everything.
 
PS: I have verified the database, avoid nulls, there are no parameters or formulas, just a couple of summaries.
 
Every help is really really appreciated!
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 11:13am
usually a summarization condition that is not allowed.
For example trying to get counts of just male or female at the group level trying to use a condition
count(client.gender,client.location,'M')
count(client.gender,client.location,'F')
 
Those sort of conditions are not allowed and the counts nee dto be gained via other formual solutions, shared variable formulas or running totals.
Do you have 'conditions' on your summaries?
IP IP Logged
jeguve
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote jeguve Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 11:28am
Hi, I don't have any summary conditions, just regular summaries added to the report. There are no conditions or  formulas in the report.
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 11:55am

where in the main report are you placing each of these sub reports?

IP IP Logged
jeguve
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote jeguve Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 12:49pm
I managed to "fix" this problem, everything seems to be that one of the subreports was not showing data.
DBlank I put them in different Details section.
 
Now that this is solved, I'm facing something else. The data in subreports is not showed completely. I tried the subreports as main reports and they actually work and pulled the right data, but, now, the subreports ony shows part of the data... as meaning, they show 2 out of 10 columns. What is going on?
Any ideas??
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum