Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Multiple fields in text box needs trimming Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
gilinnc
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote gilinnc Replybullet Topic: Multiple fields in text box needs trimming
     Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:52am
Hi guys/gals! I hope spring is on a good start for everyone. I got a itch that needs scratching...

I am unable to find a solution on the net and hoping you can help.

I CR2008 that have 6 tables linked by specific fields. In the end, I have a text box that will be a description of an item or items such as follows:
(propdesc, color1, color2, make, model, year, serial, state)

All that is inside the text box and are separated by a comma. However, there are fields that have no data. How can I trim out those fields that are blank so that I don't see the following:
(GUN, BLACK,,HIGH POINT,,0,,)

I tried the Trim function but it is not producing the proper results.

Thank you all for your time and tips.

Gil
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:59am
you could create a formula for each field like
if isnull(field ) or field ="" then "" else " "+ field + ","


Edited by kostya1122 - 15 Apr 2014 at 2:55pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum