I am using CR XI R2.
I have created a report for printing out a recipe card for a chemical Mixture. We track the batches of the Mixture by Lot Number. We currently have an ancient Excel spreadsheet creating this recipe card and generating the lot number. We want to use CR for this function and transfer the chemical mixtures from Excel into our ERP system.
I have entered the mixtures into the ERP database and I have the report almost done. It pulls and calculates all data correctly. The final step is to have this report generate the Lot Number.
For example:
ABCDEF-5-140401-1
ABCDEF is the Mixture
5 is the Container (Barrel, Tank, Pail)
14 is the Mixture_Date Year
04 is the Mixture_Date Month
01 is the Mixture_Date Day
1 is the sequential Batch Number
I need this Batch number to increase by one each time the report is run for a specific parameter-entered Mixture_Date regardless of which Mixture is entered or what day the report is run.
For example I need to print recipe cards for three separate mixtures (ABC in a barrel, DEF in a Tank and GHI in a Pail).
I will be making these mixtures both today and tomorrow. I will enter and print the recipe cards for both days, today. For batches being mixed today, I need the Lot Numbers to look like this.
ABC-5-140401-1
DEF-7-140401-2
GHI-6-140401-3
and for the batches being mixed tomorrow, I need the Lot Numbers to look like this:
ABC-5-140402-1
DEF-7-140402-2
GHI-6-140402-3
Tomorrow, I discover I need another Mixture. So I enter the Mixture_Date and other parameters into the CR to print the recipe card. I need the Lot Number to look like this:
JKL-7-140402-4
Is it possible to have CR generate the Lot Number for me in this manner?