Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group error in formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
esther31
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 19 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
Quote esther31 Replybullet Topic: Group error in formula
     Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 11:39pm
Hello

Please help as I think I'm going mad!!

I am trying to create a formula that divides a sum by the distinct count of records. I have created a group that is {SRS_FNO.FNO_SEQ4} and in my formula I am writing Sum ({SRS_FNP.FNP_AMNT}, {SRS_FNO.FNO_SEQ4}). when I put this it says there must be a group that matches this field despite the fact I can see it in the report and am selecting it from the field selector. Any ideas?

Also when adding the group initially the group header value was displaying as zero for all groups despite the browse data function showing the correct data, after removing and re-adding the group the correct value showed. Is this a problem with the data tables rather than my formula?

Thanks
Esther
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:15am
did you change data sources, like building on a test set then moving it into a production set?
Or is that table using an alias?
or is the data connection changed (like your ODBC file)?
Is that file in more than one table (likely a joined on field) and you could have used the one table to group and the other table to sum?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum