Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: suppressing sub-report section Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Topic: suppressing sub-report section
     Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 5:01am
I have 2 identical sub-report, in the 1st one I have a shared variable that will store a grand total. I pass that variable to the 2nd sub-report and compare if the value if different from 0 to suppress a section in the 2nd sub-report. Once I suppress the 1st sub-report or I remove the can grow option that variable does not get the value from that sub-report.

Can someone help me please?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 5:23am
suppressed sub reports do not run.
Set all the field in the subreport to be suppressed
set teh sub report to be suppressed when blank
set teh section it is in to be suppressed when blank
this way it runs but still ends up suppressed
IP IP Logged
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 5:36am
I will try that
Thanks again
IP IP Logged
otto
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 17 Mar 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 53
Quote otto Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 5:50am
that works perfectly.
Thank you so much
You are the man.

Edited by otto - 25 Mar 2014 at 5:51am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum