Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Records by Range Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkotenoglou
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote dkotenoglou Replybullet Topic: Group Records by Range
     Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 10:44am
I use Crystal Reports XI to report on Customer Service Request sent to the HelpDesk system.

One report I have developed is:
Amount of currently Open Requests followed by Average amount of Days Open.
I did this by identifying all “Open” Requests and then do a count of them.
I then calculate the amount of Days Open for that request (Current Date – Date Request was Open)
Finally I hide the Details.  So in effect the report looks like


Amount of Open Requests – 200
Average amount of Days Open – 9

Now I want to further develop this report.  I still want counts and by Days Open, but I want to group they by static Ranges.  Using the example above I would like it to look like

Amount of Open Request over 30 Days – 15
Amount of Open Requests between 5 – 30 Days – 90
Amount of Open Requests between 1 – 5 Days – 95

One thought I had wsa to use a Group and a formula for the group, but I could not access my Date Range formula in the Group Window.

I thought about being cheap and running three subreports all near each other so that it looks like it is one report, but I think that is silly.  There has to be a better way.

 

IP IP Logged
dkotenoglou
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote dkotenoglou Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2008 at 11:06am
I used the wrong option for the Insert Group.  I got it to work.
IP IP Logged
krpmsit
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote krpmsit Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 2008 at 2:46am
Can you please share what u have done wrong. I am also facing the same issue.
Regards
K. Rajapandian
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum