Topic: Suppress Duplicate Entries but not all Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 3:34pm
Hi,
I have built a report that works correctly in an early version of our software, however due to a bug it has stopped it working correctly.
The problem is, duplicate rows are appearing in our software, but crystal developer edition does not show these duplicates. This is because of an internal filter parameter issue.
Without going into the details of the bug. I need to rectify this within the report.
So, I found some interesting hints on this forum, where by if I suppress the details of the row under section expert with the below formula, it works great.
However, within the details row there are two other columns that should appear with RoleQualifications.Qualification_ID, which are RoleQualifications.category and RoleQualifications.importance.
Here is the problem. The qualification name can be the same, but you may have a different category and/or importance level for that qualification name.
For example.
Qual Category Importance
Excel Formulas High
Excel Formulas High
Excel Formulas Low
Excel Formulas Low
Excel Data Low
Excel Data Low
Excel Data Medium
Excel Data Medium
The current formula will remove all the entries except for the first. I need it to only remove the duplicate.
Qual Category Importance
Excel Formulas High
Excel Formulas Low
Excel Data Low
Excel Data Medium
I assume this could be possible through an IF statement? I'm not quite sure.
I tried that and it didn't give me the results I was looking for. I can see in theory how you should work, but for some reason it didn't split them as three but split them as two.
I did a concatenate of the three fields required. Then I added that concatenate to the report. Then under section expert I did {concatenateField}=previous({concatenateField})
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum