Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Topic: Multiple Databses, Same Table Names Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 7:35am
Hello all,
I'm trying to create a report that draws tables from three different databases, the problem is that each database has the tables named the sameway and when I try to bring in more than one table, it asks if I want to replace the previous table. Theoretically this shouldn't happen as the tables are located in different places and therefore should be recognized as unique entities. Any ideas on how I can remedy this?
Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Posted: 15 Jan 2008 at 11:14pm
Narmi,
If your adding the tables with same name from different database then crystal report will create an alias for that table. i mean if you already have table name "emp" and if u add one more table with name "emp" then CR will give a database warning "The table "emp" has already been added to this report. Do you really want to add another alias to this table"?. if say yes then table is added with name "emp_1". so you will get your table but the name will differ slightly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum