Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: limit records to 100 for each Group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
johnson72202
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote johnson72202 Replybullet Topic: limit records to 100 for each Group
     Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 3:41am
Hello...
I have searched for days...
How can I limit the amount of records that show per group?

so I am doing a report of shipping that groups shipments per zip code...

I want to be able to get 100 records per zip code.

Currently I am pulling over 300,000 records...
IP IP Logged
hello
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Quote hello Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 7:45am
My guess:

Right click on one of the fields in the detail section and choose format field. Click on the common tab, then place a check mark in the suppress box. To the right click on the X-2 button and type in a formula like...

count({table.fieldname}) < 101
IP IP Logged
Gurbs
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2012
Location: Ireland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 216
Quote Gurbs Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 11:03pm
How do you determine which 100 records you want?
Also, the formula from Hello needs a small tweak:

count({table.fieldname}) > 100
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum