Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report blank accept for banner Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Lamy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Lamy Replybullet Topic: Report blank accept for banner
     Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:03am
In another post I mentioned a issue with a member with 5 dependents moving data to a second page. (For reference: http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20349)

Using the tips I got here I believed my report top be finished and used my test members to make sure. 5 of the 6 work as expected, but the member with the 5 dependents previews with no data. Everything below the banner is gone including the page footer section and only for this member.

Can anyone give me an idea of the sorts of things I should check for? I have re-sized the sub reports and their sections in case it was too small but that seems not to have helped. I am playing around with it but really have no idea where to even begin solving it.

The report is built:
  • Report Header (banner)
  • Page Header A (drag and drop data)
  • Page Header B (Member Data sub-report)
  • Page Header C (Dependent Data Sub-report)
  • Page footer (background color)

All reports use SQL Commands. 5 members shows correct data and laid out as above. Last member only shows the Report Header.

Currently I am not suppressing the Dependent section (Page Header C) as I intend to.

Any one able to suggest some things to check on?



Edited by Lamy - 16 Jan 2014 at 7:05am
Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

Kyle
Annalyst/Programmer

"If you shoot Wolves to save the Moose, then you shoot the Moose, you must be crazy or from Alaska"
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:36am

Be careful using page headers. They are not really good places to use dynamic content that expands. If the content is too large to fit on the page size you are printing to then it just wont run (rather than spill onto the subsequent page). Basically each page header would be an infinite loop if it did.

I think you are running this report per client with a clientid that feeds into the stored proc(s) to pull the data? A better solution is to create a group on the clientid and make a few group headers and place the sub reports on those rather than the page headers.
IP IP Logged
Lamy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Lamy Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:44am
Ahhh, OK. I had originally used a group but my supervisor questioned it, neither of us use CR much.

Cheers
Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

Kyle
Annalyst/Programmer

"If you shoot Wolves to save the Moose, then you shoot the Moose, you must be crazy or from Alaska"
IP IP Logged
Lamy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jan 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Lamy Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:52am
Yea, that was the problem!

Cheers
Thank You, Migwetth, Gunalche’esh, Ha’w'aa, Danke

Kyle
Annalyst/Programmer

"If you shoot Wolves to save the Moose, then you shoot the Moose, you must be crazy or from Alaska"
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 7:53am
You don't have to use a group but don't use the page header.
since you only have one client per report run you can do that all in seperate report headers but I thinkn that group headers are more standard. Makes it easier to modify the report to work for multiple clients with page breaks after the group footer.
Entirely up to you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum