G'day,
(Same report as the suppression issue & 2nd page issue)
BackgroundI am working on a report in Crystal Reports XI (w/all update packs) on Win 7 64 bit.
Data comes from my own SQL commands. Data is based on an SSN parameter &
a report date parameter.
Issue:
The report date parameter was meant to be dynamic, offering a drop-down list of dates (from an ever changing table) to choose from.
Every attempt to upload the report from either the Crystal web interface or from the Crystal Reports application through the repository results in an error:
Retrieve
Error
There
was an error while retrieving data from the server: Failed to read data from
report file C:\WINDOWS\Temp\TPA Report.rpt. Reason: Failed to read parameter
object
So too when I make the parameter static, then upload it, then re-open it in Crystal from the repository and edit it back to a dynamic parameter... the error returns.
My supervisor and I did find references to this issue online and tried some of the fixes but it did not help. He is even an admin with all rights and he got the error as well.
I will continue with the report and report date as a static parameter... it is just an irritating mystery that I cannot let go of... "You can create dynamic parameters... you just cannot upload reports with them" just seems to stupid.
Just looking for fresh ideas.