Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: selection expert for subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mrtj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 26
Quote mrtj Replybullet Topic: selection expert for subreport
     Posted: 26 Dec 2013 at 8:35am
In my subreport record selection expert I am asking to only include null values for a certain field. I cannot say "" (blank) or trim(thefield)="" because it does not work.

If I only leave the link in the subreport without this extra logic, I get all the dates that are in the subreport. "thefield" is a string version of a date.
There are two fields with dates, If the second field is null, then I want that record.
example
ID#12345 in main report links to id#12345 in subreport,
2 date fiels
firstdate                         seconddatefield
2013-07-11                      2013-07-11 (dont pull this)
2013-08-31                       NULL          (Do select this)

I have tried turning on and off the default checkbox inside the formula editor.

here is what I have.
isnull({vwDrugMissedDrop.StringDropDate}) and
{vwDrugMissedDrop.j001_ID_Number} = {?Pm-vw_tasc2_refer.j001_ID_Number}
 the isnull part not working
if i take that part out I get all the records with dates.

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 5:07am
the first thing that comes to mind, since the syntax and the order seems correct, is that you might have the option to replace NULLs with the 'default' value. Off the top of my head, I don't know what the default value is for a date, which is probably why the trim and the empty string aren't working.

just a thought
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum