Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Variable unavailable in crosstab-expert Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kj27
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote kj27 Replybullet Topic: Variable unavailable in crosstab-expert
     Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 11:32am
Hello All,
 
I have several running totals in my report (built using Crystal X).  These are working perfectly.  In the footer section, I assign the value of a given running total to a variable in order to use it in a cross-tab.
 
i.e.:  numberVar TotalVolume := {#RTotalTotalVolume}
The reason I'm not using the running total directly is because I'd like to do calculations (i.e. averages, etc) in the cross tab, which is not possible directly with a running total variable.
 
However the variable is unavailable in the cross-tab expert.  I'm confused why that's the case, when the corresponding running total is available.
 
Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 4:10am
Not 100% sure but likely has to do with data passes on the report. I am guessing that the variable formula is created in a pass after the CT which is created in a pass after the RT.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum