Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Problem with Subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
PhilAJ
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 28
Quote PhilAJ Replybullet Topic: Problem with Subreports
     Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 5:44am
I have 2 reports - both of which have sub reports, and I need to combine into 1, with the main one showing then the 2nd one on a new page.

I have put the 2nd one as a subreport of the first, in the report footer. and linked accordingly.

When I preview - the main report is fine and shows it's subreport data; Then the 2nd report shows - but doesn't show it's subreport. In Fact - if I 'edit report' - the subreport element has disappeared.

First thought was that I had somehow deleted it - but no tried several times; reloaded etc etc and always happens. I can load both separately and with same params work fine - add the 2nd to 1st and its sub disappears.

Any ideas?

Phil
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 6:49pm
Hi
 
It is a product limitation.  You can't insert a sub report within a sub report.
 
In your second report there is a sub report, when you insert this in first repot the second report sub report becomes sub report within a sub report. 
 
That is the reason you are unable to see the sub report in second report.
 
Try to insert the second report sub report also in your first report as sub report.
(I am not sure whether the business requirement can be fulfilled through this)
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum