Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Export to excel Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Barb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote Barb Replybullet Topic: Export to excel
     Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 4:41am
Hi
 
 
I generated a crystal report with header. The only option that I can see is to have header on each page, on forst or none. However I need the page header to float on top even as we scrolldown the data after import to excel. I don't know if it is possible in crystal reports. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in Advance!
Many thanks
Barb
IP IP Logged
adavis
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Quote adavis Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 4:59am
Can't you just open the exported report in Excel and freeze the header row(s) (as you would in any Excel worksheet)?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 12:21pm
I go with adavis...there isn't an option from inside of crystal for that.

I don't think I have seen that option in any export of data, probably because all implementations of that feature are program specific...but that is just a guess on my end
IP IP Logged
Barb
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Quote Barb Replybullet Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 3:04am
Thanks both.
 
I have found out from other sources that:
 
There’s no way of doing that as the functionality is only within Excel. This is where you would be better to create the file in Excel using an ODBC link.
 
I will give it a go.
 
Thanks
Many thanks
Barb
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum