I was wondering if anyone knows if Crystal Server can be configured to allow users to change the Data Source Server name (along with login credentials) so reports can be run against various databases. For example, Development, User Acceptance or Production?
We want to be able to switch data sources without have to modifying and saving the report. Currently, the closest I seem to be able to get is to prompt for user logon credentials but that does not allow the server to be changed when a user runs the report.
I have tried selecting
[x] Use custom database logon information specified here.
And then clearing the server name, but when the report is run, the server name is blank and no way to enter a value.
The reports have been uploaded to the server via Central Mgmt Console. The users log in via BI Launchpad and can run a report by selecting it and then View.
thanks
Edited by statey603 - 30 Oct 2013 at 8:50am