Joined: 26 Oct 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Topic: Parameters Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 12:15pm
Hey everyone. Looking for a little help. I have created a field based off the following formula:
Select {Response_Vehicles_Assigned.Radio_Name}
case "620" to "685": "North Metro"
case "510" to "576": "South Metro"
case "2771" to "2774": "Hutchinson"
case "591" to "599": "ALF"
case "5601" to "5603": "Elk River"
case "691" to "698": "Wright County"
case "990" to "999": "BLS"
case "202" to "207": "Isanti County"
I would now like to setup some type of parameter so the user can narrow down the report by selecting North Metro for instance. I understand that you can not directly have a parameter based off a formula but, there have been several forums that say you can, I just can't get anything to work.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 4:54am
well...I would think that you could create an Command Object that would have the name, like North Metro, and the values that you want to display for them. Then you would put together in a cascading parameter...though usually it would be a table of areas and associated values in the Command Object, and then you could use the formula to filter out the records that you are after....using the data from the Command object.
Hope this makes sense.
I guess the short story would be create a command object that relates all the values that you want the user to be able to use to narrow down the selection, and then use the results from those selections to filter the data that is displayed on the report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum