Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Setting a Dynamic Graphic Location Path on an Imag Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ricky_vegas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ricky_vegas Replybullet Topic: Setting a Dynamic Graphic Location Path on an Imag
     Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 3:33pm
I need to insert an image into my report that is retrieved at run time by adding a mapped drive to a jpeg file.
 
"Z:\Users\Riccardo\jpgs\" + Trim({CS11.PROD_NAME}) + ".jpg"
 
where "Z:\Users\Riccardo\jpgs\" is the mapped drive to a server where the images are stored and CS11.PROD_NAME is the jpg name.
 
I created a formula called @picture ("Z:\Users\Riccardo\jpgs\" + Trim({CS11.PROD_NAME}) + ".jpg" then I inserted a picture (default.jpg), then I went into the conditional formatting (Format Graphic) dialog and chose the Picture Tab. There, I clicked the Graphic Location button and added @picture without any formula or if statement.
 
At this point, when I run the report I can see the default.jpg but not the correct image. Can anyone help me with the formula to use?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 3:53pm
It displays the default graphic when it can't find/retrieve the file you specified. Have you tried putting this formula output as on the report to make sure that the full filename is formatted properly? Either that, or CR can't pull the data from your Z drive.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ricky_vegas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ricky_vegas Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 4:01pm

Yes I did try and the full filename is formatted properly. I believe CR it's pulling data for it's able to pull the full path. This thing is driving me crazy

IP IP Logged
Savan
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 10:57pm
i have tried by loading the image from the local drive. Its working fine. I would like to suggest you to copy some of images in your local drive instead of mapped drive and check if you can get the images correctly.
Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
ricky_vegas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ricky_vegas Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 11:53am
Savan,
I tried that too and it does not work. I can see the fullname in a text field but the default image is not changing.
any other idea?
I read that it could be a problem with the version. I'm running CR Developer, Full, vers. 11.0.0.1282
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 12:36pm
You haven't downloaded the R2 upgrade yet? That is definitely worth a try.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
ricky_vegas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ricky_vegas Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 4:40pm
I downloaded and installed SP4 but I cannot download R2 for CR Server is running R1.
Maybe the application  that is using the report that I created with CR XI is running an earlier version of Crystal Viewer. I'm waiting for an answer from the software house.
I will follow up as soon as I get an answer.
IP IP Logged
ricky_vegas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ricky_vegas Replybullet Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 4:25pm
The software house confirmed that the application is using CR 10 therefore the Dynamic Graphic Location is not supported.
I read something about embedding the images into binary fields within my db or writing an application that programmatically loads the images into memory and places them on the report.
Any suggestions?
 


Edited by ricky_vegas - 14 Jan 2008 at 4:30pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum