Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: generate data to save Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Macavity
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote Macavity Replybullet Topic: generate data to save
     Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 7:15am
In a report with a subreport, sometimes I get the message when I want to save 'the saved data is incomplete, generate the data to save ?'
This after a refresh, both main and subreport data are visible.

Why do I get this message and how can I avoid it ?


IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 8:36am

When saving a report you can save it with or without the data.

Handled via File>Report Options > 'Save Data with Report'.
If you uncheck it it will not save any actual data.
IP IP Logged
Macavity
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 24 Sep 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote Macavity Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:13am
I know, save data is checked, we need to save with data. I want to know why, after running the report, it says that the data is incomplete.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum