Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Higher level grouping Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Matteo_Luccio
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Matteo_Luccio Replybullet Topic: Higher level grouping
     Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 12:03pm
I have developed a report that groups by a field called "Job" and in the details section includes a field called "OpService". The report uses a record selection formula, a group selection formula, and some other formulas that I use to suppress certain detail lines and to highlight those detail lines displayed that are Lee's operations. The report also includes three subreports (one visible and two hidden).

I need to create an additional group that includes all of Lee's operations, so that for each of his operations the report displays all the jobs that include that operation. Everything in the report needs to remain exactly as it is now, but above the job grouping level I need this new grouping level. I have formulas that I use to identify all of Lee's operations; I use them at the group level to select only those jobs that include one or more of Lee's operations and at the details level to highlight Lee's operations. I am trying to figure out how to use one of these formulas to create my new grouping.

I will be glad to provide additional details, as needed, to anyone willing and able to help me.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matteo

Matteo Luccio, President
Pale Blue Dot, LLC
Writing about geospatial technologies since 2000
www.palebluedotllc.com
541-543-0525
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 2:15pm
to create a group like that you need a formula like
if incorporate your formula you use for Lee's operations then "Lee's Operations" else "others"
add this formula to the group tree
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum