Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Can I disable commas in Numeric Input Param Prompt Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
statey603
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote statey603 Replybullet Topic: Can I disable commas in Numeric Input Param Prompt
     Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 4:21am
I have a report that uses a numeric input parameter to specify a year. The acceptable range is 1950 - 2099. When the user gets prompted to input the parameter, the following appears based on my range criteria
Please specify a Number value between 1,950 and 2,099.
This is not really indiciative that the input should be a year value.
I have the input parameter field formatted to -1123 so as not to show a comma.
 
 Is there a way to override this behavior?
-bill
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 5:12am
I don't think so...

They look stupid, as the date is not displayed with a comma...
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 12:45pm
you could switch it to text,
i think it function the same way as numeric.
should be something like
totext(numeric_field,0,"") = string parameter
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum