Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Displaying multiple DB rows in multi colmun report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
barryvankellett
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote barryvankellett Replybullet Topic: Displaying multiple DB rows in multi colmun report
     Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 6:24am
I hope I can explain this adequately for the greater minds to ponder, or possibly laugh at me.
Anyway
I have a table "inspection scores" which is linked to a 2nd table "street scores"
"Street Scores" always has 9 rows relating to each individual row in "inspection scores"

What I want to produce is a single row for each record in the "inspection scores" table with 9 Columns on the end, one for each row relating to it from "Street Scores"

Perfectly clear?!

I have set it up on my report with a forumla field for each of the 9 rows inĀ  "Street Scores" to check if the VALUE=Y and display an 'X' if it is. This all works beautifully, except I am getting up to 9 individual rows due to the 9 rows in "Street Scores" (I have set the select expert to only select rows where the value is Y)

Is it possible to force this into one single row on the report?

In its most simplistic form, it looks like this:


As you can see I have multiple rows for each ID


Edited by barryvankellett - 07 Oct 2013 at 6:26am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:09am
you can group on th ID
suppress the detail section (and header or footer) and use either MAX of the fieldsĀ on group level to display the X or you can use Running Totals with evaluate conditions and place in the group footer.
IP IP Logged
barryvankellett
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote barryvankellett Replybullet Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 11:09am
Absolutely fantastic. Using Max on the group level worked a treat. Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum