| Author |
Message |
EddiRae
Newbie
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Topic: Min and Max of Group Series Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 8:48am |
|
Hello, I have a chart that I need to display ages across the bottom. I can give the minimum age and the maximum age, but I want ALL ages in between to be displayed.
For example, if my data has an age of 15 on one record and then 20 on the next record, then I need to have a place holder form 16, 17, 18, and 19.
Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance, Eddi Rae
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 9:26am |
|
a stored proc could do this...I was going say a command object for an excel spreadsheet (or a numbers table) and somehow filter out the values that are over/under the max/min.
should be fairly simple in a stored proc with a numbers table to fill in the missing values.
HTH
|
IP Logged |
|
EddiRae
Newbie
Joined: 29 Aug 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 3:22am |
|
There isn't going to be anything that is under the minimum or over the maximum.
I need ALL the values between the minimum and maximum to show on the graph even if I don't have values to chart. That is my predicament.
Thanks for your help in advance Eddi Rae
|
IP Logged |
|
lockwelle
Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
|

Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 4:46am |
|
here is why I said filter out the values outside of the min/max...
you need a numbers a table, or the concept of a just a bunch of numbers that you can join on to fill in the missing values. Crystal won't print what isn't in the dataset, so you need to get the missing values into the set...but if you min is 3 and your number table starts at 0, you will need to remove the 0.1.2....
In a stored proc you could just add in the values that are missing, but it's the same difference, as again you would joining to a numbers table.
The trick is to add in the missing values
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|