Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Slow Down After Use Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bpmcnary
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote bpmcnary Replybullet Topic: Crystal Slow Down After Use
     Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 2:15am
Hi,
I use Crystal XI (version 11.5.9.1076). I'm having this kind of annoying issue with it. If I open a report after using crystal for a while, the formula editor becomes extremely sluggish. I open it, and even if it's a brand new report, it takes 5-10 seconds to open a formula. I can fix the issue by restarting my machine. After I restart, the formula editor opens immediately. It stays pretty fast for thirty minutes or so of use and then repeats. I tried a registry edit to position the formula editor in a default location which didn't seem to work.
 
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
 
Thanks,
Brandon
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 4:47am
Hi

Close your crystal reports designer and go in Add and remove programs and try to repair.

Still if you have any problem, may be you need to uninstall and clean registery and reinstall CR designer.

Note : please check your designer key code before uninstall.

Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
bpmcnary
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote bpmcnary Replybullet Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 8:02am
Thanks, I gave it a shot. Seems to be working better.... I may be able to upgrade my version, not sure if that would fix it as well.
 
-- Edit
 
It went back to what it was doing before... I feel like it's a memory caching problem. Anyone have any ideas?
 
Thanks,
B


Edited by bpmcnary - 27 Sep 2013 at 10:37am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum