Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Selecting Data by user defined group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hjorrdis
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote hjorrdis Replybullet Topic: Selecting Data by user defined group
     Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 9:47am
Hello,

I am trying to create a report where the user can set a parameter for a "team" and then the report will only pull orders created by that team. The team name is not in the database, so I need the report to create the grouping.

I am very new to crystal reports so I may be missing something obvious. I have tried using if then statements in formulas to translate the parameter choice, but it is in an array format and does not like to compare to the text of the person's name. I also created groups, but I can't find any way to apply those groupings to formulas or in the select expert.

I appreciate your help.

Melissa
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 10:13am
so you have a grouping like
group formula
if condition then group1 else
if condition then group2 else
if condition then group3 else....

create a string parameter with values(group1,group2...)

in selection expert

(if group_formula = parameter then true else false)


IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 11:52am
If i understand you corerctly you may also consider making a static parameter where you can set the value to = your DB code and the description to = your user team names (basically just translate the code to a name)
The description is then just part of the param for the report run but your select statment
table.teamcode=?param
will only use the numeric portion of the param in the select


Edited by DBlank - 13 Sep 2013 at 11:54am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum