Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: sub report links Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
marco007
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote marco007 Replybullet Topic: sub report links
     Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 11:21pm
good morning folks

seems to be an excellent community here, I'm hoping you can help me with an issue I'm meeting. I'm a fairly novice-y user so hopefully there is a straight forward ansewr to my question.

I'm writing a report where I'm listing all of the job operations on various sub-assemblies in a project. Some of the sub-assemblies may not have any operations but I still want to list them so for this I had to do a left join from the JobAsmbl table to the Job Oper table so my report looks like this

JobHead>JobAsmbl>JobOper
My report is grouped by sub assembly then so the output might look something like this

sub assy1
Milling 2hours
Grinding 1hour
Finishing 1hour

subAssy2


Subassy3
Milling 2hours
Grinding 1hour
Finishing 1hour


Sub assy 2 has no operations but I still want it displayed on the report. This would often happen when an engineer uses a subassembly solely to purchase parts and doesnt need any operations done (not the best of ways of doing things maybe)

I also want the report to list the materials required on each assembly so for this I created a subreport listing the materials and used a subreport link on the JobAsmbl table. This displays the relevant materials against the relevant assemblies then.

My problem is this, for any subassembly that does not have any job operations the sub report does not list any materials either.On any sub assembly that does have operations then the material subreport outputs fine.

I presume there is some problem with my linking somewhere along the way, I've been staring at this for quite a while now with nothing jumping out at me.

any help is appreciated.
IP IP Logged
marco007
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote marco007 Replybullet Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 12:30am
actually I've figured this out now. For any one else interested my problem was that the subreport link i used was from JobOper.AsmblSeq rather than JobAsmbl.AssemblySeq. Once I corrected this it worked fine.:)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum