Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Display More than one record in one Page ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mohammad jouhar
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2013
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mohammad jouhar Replybullet Topic: Display More than one record in one Page ?
     Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 9:56am
Hii,

I am using the latest version of CR. I have a report in defined in 5 sections in this flow :

Report Header
Page Header :
Details
Report Footer
Page Footer

I am hiding this sections since I am not using them :
Report Header, Page Header, Report Footer,Page Footer.

My details section has these objects :

DB Filed


DB Field


Sub Report .

I selected the details section and click on selection expert. In the paging tab I have Under New page After

checked the visible records and put number 2. But When I Convert to PDF, Each Record displayed in a single page even viewing it in report designer will do the same. Why this is happening ? Am I missing any other thing?.
Mohammad Jouhari

Email : Mohammad.Jouhari@gmail.com
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 5:00am
the new page after...you told it to print a new page after ever detail line.

if you want 2 items on a page, I would click on the x-1 button and enter something like:
shared numbervar ln;

ln:=ln+1;
ln mod 2 = 0;

what this is doing is keeping track of each line printed. if the number of lines is divisible by 2 then it is forcing a page break.

It's at least a starting point.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum