Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Technical Questions
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Technical Questions
Topic: Group by “original order” causes looping crystal r
Author
Message
Capson
Newbie
Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Topic: Group by “original order” causes looping crystal r
Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 4:44am
I have a report grouped by Themes-S >> Questions-S there are 8 themes and each theme has a between 17 and 5 questions in it.
The report has 16 pages.
I need to change the ordering from
specific
to
original
when I do I end up with 288 pages
Something is looping? I can not figure out how to fix this (using CR 11)
Thanks
Edited by Capson - 24 Aug 2013 at 4:46am
IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 1:16am
Hi
It is because you said Original Order. For example if your database field 'Themes' is some thing like below order :
Thehme1
Thehme2
Thehme2
Thehme1
Thehme3
Thehme2
Thehme5
Then your original order changes groups as below :
Thehme1
Thehme2
Thehme1
Thehme3
Thehme2
Thehme5
Here you can observer Thehme1 & 2 are repeating just because of original order.
YOu can observe this in your report.
Thanks,
Sastry
IP Logged
Capson
Newbie
Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Posted: 26 Aug 2013 at 5:04am
I see what you mean.
Thank you
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
KONACAD
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.